After one of day of touring open houses with the guys, my impression towards some Polytechnic changed a lot.
Definitely, the first institution that I bought them to was Ngee Ann! I bought them to the Convention Centre which I saw Dr Tan immediately and I referred them to him. Then we viewed other courses in the CC as well and it was hilarious encountering some other people from other schools who were doing course counselling.
There was a girl from HMS who actually questioned whether I am a Ngee Ann student and she started to chase me away from their booth just because I am from LSCT. What left me puzzled was that I wasnt even in any uniform indicating that I am on duty yesterday and I was slapped with the accusation that I was trying to rope people there? After that, they went to take the goodie bag and headed to my school.
They spent like 1 whole hour at my school playing games, doing body check ups and even making a cactus pot. Then I was asking Gurion to tell them about Vet Bioscience since some of them are interested. Then Gurion told me about updates for Toastmasters which make me kind of nervous now?
We went off for lunch at Megabites which left all of us bloated with its usual humugous portion of western food before heading to SP. Apparently, SP left all of us disappointed. When we entered the entrance, we didnt even wanted to continue walking around the whole campus. Despite giving it a additional chance, what we saw was the students nua-ing at the booth they were in charge of. I cant even feel any drive from them. At there School of Life Science, they didnt even show case anything and all we saw was just students sitting there waiting for the visitors to approach them instead them being proactive. The biggest irony to their open house was their slogan- "It's time to make the right choice, Singapore's First Polytechnic". I was like, is this what I am gonna expect from the First Polytechnic in Singapore? It was exactly the same situation I saw when I went there after my graduation. Pardon me but I am not putting Ngee Ann in a better light.
We left SP and headed to RP which I believe I had the biggest change of opinion on it. Now I understand why RP's niche is Sports Science. We attempted some of the things that Sports Science showcased and it was really interesting. However, it seemed that I overstrained myself when attempting one of the stations and my back is aching very badly whenever I stand up now. Now I am so paranoid that I am going to be paralysed because of this. Especially when Teck Seng told me that the bones there might be dislodged and he experienced it before, taking 1 year to recover.
Finally all the open house tour ended and we went to Macdonalds for ice cream and I got the Sheep Doraemon! It looks so much cuter from what I see as compared to the rest? Maybe the cupid is another nice one.
For today, I went for tuition and settled the schedules for the next few weeks in meeting up. I only hope that I will set my heart and study the next few weeks.
Tomorrow marks the starting of the mugging days. Well, all the best?
However,
ALL THE BEST
TO
ALL THE SECONDARY 4S FROM CHOIR FOR THEIR O
LEVEL RESULTS TOMORROW!
(To all my dearests, I wish that you guys will get what you all wished for... お願い。。。)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________